Professional Media Work
Aliya Bora is a multimedia producer, journalist & designer. She has a nearly decade of media experience working for companies like NBC, Tribune Media, and has produced content all over the world. She considers herself a storyteller at heart, and with her graphic design and broadcast media background she has all the tools to tell great stories. Scroll down to see her professional tv producing and reporting work, self-produced travel videos (her favorite!), and samples of her graphic design and art work.
Video Production: Shooting, Editing (Canon C100, GoPro, Drone, iPhone)
Multimedia: Adobe Premiere, After Effects
Media Production: Producing, Reporting
Writing: Copy Writing, News Writing, Voice Overs, News Packages, Scripts
Graphics: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
Photography: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
Graphic Design: Brand Identity, Layout, Logo Design
Web: HTML | CSS, WordPress
Professional Media Links (click to the right):
- On Camera & Producing Reel – writing, producing and reporting clips from FOX 5 San Diego, CNBC + more.
- Comic-Con Dance Party Friday Special Edition – special morning show from Comic Con for FOX 5 San Diego.
- Soul Surfer Bethany Hamilton Segment she discusses her shark attack on FOX 5 San Diego (KSWB-TV).
- Mommy Daddy Handbook TV Segment – Mommy’s Favorite Things showcasing best products for moms on FOX 5.
- Mommy Daddy Handbook TV Segment – Back To School Tips best organizing tips for back to school for FOX 5 San Diego.
- CNBC Paul Mitchell’s John Paul Dejoria on Greece – discusses his perspective on the crisis in Greece, as a half-Greek American businessman.
- CNBC Panera CEO Ron Shaich on their New Menu Items – Panera’s CEO discusses new healthy changes to their menu.
Self-Produced Travel Videos: most of these were shot on my iPhone, with the exception of the underwater (shot with a GoPro) and aerial shots (shot with a drone). Click to the right to check them out.
- London – Picadilly Circus, Carnaby Street, Tower Bridge, & day trip Bath, Lacock, & Stonehenge.
- Tulum – highlights from a week in Mexico featuring Tulum ruins, beaches, & underwater cenote caves.
- New York City – Grand Central, Union Square, Smorgasburg, Dumbo, Brooklyn Bridge Park + more.
- Portugal – exploring Costa da Caparica beaches in Lisbon, Belem Tower, Cascais, Sintra, & Pena Palace.
- Around the World: Aliya’s Global Travel Reel – compilation of global travels.
- Tokyo – Shibuya Crossing, Takeshita Street, Meiji Shrine and the Imperial Palace.
- Paris – the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, Trocadero, Notre Dame & French desserts!
- Toronto – Harbourfront Centre, Toronto Islands, CN Tower, Nathan Phillips Square, Distillery District.
- Australia – Sydney, Brisbane, & Gold Coast including Mermaid Beach, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Bondi Beach + more.
- Sydney – Manly Beach, Sydney Harbour & Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour.
- Miami – Bayfront Park, South Beach, Wynwood Walls, Dirt Miami, Bayside Market.
- Austin – Pecan Street Festival, Halcyon & visiting my alma mater UT Austin.
Design & Art
This is another design inspired by my trip to Canada! I decided to play more with the maple leaf design, and add some other colors to celebrate fall. I love the shape of a maple leaf – and in Canada it’s everywhere! On my trip to Toronto, my cousin and I...
My latest trip to Canada to visit my cousin inspired this design. I’ve never been to Toronto in the Summer, and I had so much fun exploring this beautiful city! Previously, I’d only been to Toronto in the winter for a quick business trip, so it was great to see the...