Professional Media Work
Aliya Bora is a multimedia producer, journalist & designer. She has a nearly decade of media experience working for companies like NBC, Tribune Media, and has produced content all over the world. She considers herself a storyteller at heart, and with her graphic design and broadcast media background she has all the tools to tell great stories. Scroll down to see her professional tv producing and reporting work, self-produced travel videos (her favorite!), and samples of her graphic design and art work.
Video Production: Shooting, Editing (Canon C100, GoPro, Drone, iPhone)
Multimedia: Adobe Premiere, After Effects
Media Production: Producing, Reporting
Writing: Copy Writing, News Writing, Voice Overs, News Packages, Scripts
Graphics: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
Photography: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
Graphic Design: Brand Identity, Layout, Logo Design
Web: HTML | CSS, WordPress
Professional Media Links (click to the right):
- On Camera & Producing Reel – writing, producing and reporting clips from FOX 5 San Diego, CNBC + more.
- Comic-Con Dance Party Friday Special Edition – special morning show from Comic Con for FOX 5 San Diego.
- Soul Surfer Bethany Hamilton Segment she discusses her shark attack on FOX 5 San Diego (KSWB-TV).
- Mommy Daddy Handbook TV Segment – Mommy’s Favorite Things showcasing best products for moms on FOX 5.
- Mommy Daddy Handbook TV Segment – Back To School Tips best organizing tips for back to school for FOX 5 San Diego.
- CNBC Paul Mitchell’s John Paul Dejoria on Greece – discusses his perspective on the crisis in Greece, as a half-Greek American businessman.
- CNBC Panera CEO Ron Shaich on their New Menu Items – Panera’s CEO discusses new healthy changes to their menu.
Self-Produced Travel Videos: most of these were shot on my iPhone, with the exception of the underwater (shot with a GoPro) and aerial shots (shot with a drone). Click to the right to check them out.
- London – Picadilly Circus, Carnaby Street, Tower Bridge, & day trip Bath, Lacock, & Stonehenge.
- Tulum – highlights from a week in Mexico featuring Tulum ruins, beaches, & underwater cenote caves.
- New York City – Grand Central, Union Square, Smorgasburg, Dumbo, Brooklyn Bridge Park + more.
- Portugal – exploring Costa da Caparica beaches in Lisbon, Belem Tower, Cascais, Sintra, & Pena Palace.
- Around the World: Aliya’s Global Travel Reel – compilation of global travels.
- Tokyo – Shibuya Crossing, Takeshita Street, Meiji Shrine and the Imperial Palace.
- Paris – the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, Trocadero, Notre Dame & French desserts!
- Toronto – Harbourfront Centre, Toronto Islands, CN Tower, Nathan Phillips Square, Distillery District.
- Australia – Sydney, Brisbane, & Gold Coast including Mermaid Beach, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Bondi Beach + more.
- Sydney – Manly Beach, Sydney Harbour & Circular Quay, Sydney Opera House, Darling Harbour.
- Miami – Bayfront Park, South Beach, Wynwood Walls, Dirt Miami, Bayside Market.
- Austin – Pecan Street Festival, Halcyon & visiting my alma mater UT Austin.
Design & Art
On my trip to Portugal I spent a lot of time at the beach! It was my first time visiting this country, and I enjoyed exploring the vibrant city of Lisbon and surrounding areas. It’s a beautiful country with great weather and great seafood. I spent some...
This design is inspired by a ceramic piece I made a few years ago on a night with girlfriends! We went to one of those clay & latte places, and I painted this beautiful seahorse. I decided to try painting it in a different medium this time, and experiment with...
I experimented with pattern making for this design! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I’d play with some of the whimsy you see in those popular candy hearts, and arrange them in fun pattern. I decided to use shades of pink and purple to...
Usually I paint objects and figures in watercolor, but this time I decided to play around and make a watercolor wash. Do you remember the crayon box from kindergarten? I tried to pick a few colors to paint, but I really just like them all, so that’s how this...
On my latest trip to Australia I was mesmerized by the country’s unique wildlife. I’m from California, and while the weather is nice here, we don’t usually see tropical birds flying around freely. It's really cool to see and interact with all the wildlife, and...
Pumpkin season is upon us! This is my favorite time of year. I love pumpkin flavored everything & I’m notorious in my neighborhood for having the best carved pumpkins at Halloween (thank you graphic design skills). In honor of my favorite holiday, I’ve designed...